What Has At Least 10 Health Benefits And Is Found High Up In The Andes?
I recently tweeted (www.twitter.com /tom_cronin) that I was enjoying a blast from my maca root smoothie to which I received some interesting queries along the lines of “what’s maca root? Did you get fries and a chocolate sunday with that?”
No, Macdonald’s has not ventured into superfoods, but possibly in the Age of Enlightenment they may well do.
So it became apparent that some light needed to be shed on this potent superfood that has its origins in the peaks of the mountain ranges of the Andes. I have maca often in my morning smoothies. I mix my superfoods up and rotate them regularly and at the moment it’s maca root’s turn.
This potent superfood has so many benefits ranging from:
- Increases energy and endurance
- Increases stamina
- Improves sexual function in men and women
- Enhances fertility in people and animals
- Reduces hormonal dysfunction during menopause & andropause
- Can regulate hormonal imbalances
- Has a beneficial action on the circulatory system; Speeds wound healing and reduces anemia
- Enhances memory, learning, and mental ability
- Has a beneficial action on the circulatory system; gives skin a more youthful appearance
- Good for healthy teeth and bones
- Acts as a fungistatic and bacteriostatic
- Acts as an anticarcinogen and antioxidant
- Is an alternative to anabolic steroids, helps to build muscle
- Is non addictive
To find out more about maca root check out this video…